Windows 10 Upgrade Resource Center
Microsoft has released Windows 10 on July 29th, 2015 in a world-wide launch. P&L Technology has been participating in the Windows Insider program where we have been running preview builds for around nine months which puts us in the unique position to be able to make recommendations based on deep experience running a product that hasn't been released yet. This resource center will contain a gameplan that businesses can use to take advantage of this great new technology.
What is so exciting about the release of Windows 10?
- Windows 10 is Microsoft's latest release of its Windows platform that runs over 90% of the world's business PCs.
- Early indications are that Microsoft really got this release "right". It fixed many of the usability issues of Windows 8 and ushers in many improvements for tablets, security, and productivity.
What do I need to know as a business person about Windows 10?
- Microsoft will be giving away Windows 10 at no charge to many businesses that purchased Windows 7 or Windows 8, that's right, at no charge. Keep reading for a strategy on how to take advantage of this offer.
- It is possible that you may receive a popup message on your computer to download and install Windows 10 on your PC. P&L Technology recommends that you do not agree to this as you may cause significant problems by deploying Windows 10 without adequate compatibility testing for the business software that you use to run your daily operations.
- Many of your software packages that you use to run your business may not work right away with Windows 10. It is important to due complete due-diligence to ensure that no problems will arise by upgrading to Windows 10.
- Want to know more? Attend our free webinar, "A First Glance at Windows 10" to learn more. It is being held at 9/3/2015 at 10AM. The webinar will be archived for on-demand viewing after the event.
When do you recommend that I deploy Windows 10?
- Most businesses want to have current technology to maintain competitive advantage, but do not want to live on the bleeding edge. P&L Technology recommends that businesses hold off on any Windows 10 purchases for a few months after release. This will allow software vendors to gain experience with the software and certify their own software to run on Windows 10. It will also allow Microsoft to fix any early bugs or flaws in Windows 10 before being installed at your company.
- It will be recommended that Windows 10 be evaluated by your organization within 3-6 months of release. Microsoft has put a time limit on the no-charge upgrades of one year from release, so it will be important to review and make a decision on deploying this technology within that period.
How can P&L Technology help me with my Windows 10 decision?
- We can review your PC technology to ensure that it is compatible with Windows 10.
- We can review your business software to make sure it works with Windows 10.
- We can help you qualify for free upgrades of your current Windows to Windows 10.
- We can project manage the transition to make sure it goes smoothly and your entire staff is trained on how to adequately use the software.
- We will be proactively providing additional communication to our clients as the timeline unfolds.
Need more information? Please contact us at 402-330-9006 or firstname.lastname@example.org.